Closed Thread

Thread: Elway to the Hall

Thanks

Elway to the Hall

Yeah #7...

Nobody in the history of Colorado sports has been more revered than Elway. He was an incredible player with as much desire to win as any other player in NFL history. It takes a great player to overshadow another great player such as Barry Sanders from also being inducted.

Congrats to John. Having him go out on the heels of his two Super Bowl wins in a row was a great way to leave the game.

Thanks

Re: Elway to the Hall

Quote Originally Posted by subucni
    Yeah #7...

Nobody in the history of Colorado sports has been more revered than Elway. He was an incredible player with as much desire to win as any other player in NFL history. It takes a great player to overshadow another great player such as Barry Sanders from also being inducted.

Congrats to John. Having him go out on the heels of his two Super Bowl wins in a row was a great way to leave the game.
    Let's stir things up a bit. I can make an argument that John Elway was the greatest quarterback in NFL history. The three teams he took to the Super Bowl in the 1980's were there only because of Elway. Remove number 7 from the equation and those teams don't make the playoffs.

There was nothing Elway could not do. And for all those Payton Manning Is God types out there, Payton couldn't have carried Elway's jock. If you did the switch at similar times in their careers, Elway would have led Indy to the Super Bowl at least twice by now. And I'm not sure Manning could get through the playoffs with guys like Sammie Winder in the backfield.

Good post. I could never cheer against Elway. Respect makes fans of us all.

Closed Thread