Closed Thread

Thread: Interleague-Good for Baseball???

Thanks

Interleague-Good for Baseball???

Do you think interleague games are good for baseball or do you think it takes away from the World Series??

Personally I don't like it. It so much better to see two teams go against each other that have no idea what thier matched up against. Pitchers generally don't know hitters and hitters don't know pitchers. Makes it much more interesting.

Thanks

Re: Interleague-Good for Baseball???

I don't think it makes that much of a difference. The 20 or so games they play isn't really enough to prepare the hitters and pitchers that much. Also, it's in the middle of the season, so you really have to have a sharp memory. On the plus side, it gives teams a better chance to play one another in state (Indians-Reds, Mets-Yankees, White Sox-Cubs) and gets more people to show up. I think overall it doesn't detract.

Thanks

I like inter league play too. Like pifly said, 20 or so games isnt that much, considering the the batters might see the same pitcher twice at most. So it doesnt make them more prepared IMO. And since my Angels are taking their summer break, and the Dodgers are never a sure thing, i wouldnt mind seeing them play a couple times a year

rickyric97

I think its good for baseball, attendance is up in all stadiums

Thanks

Where the hell is all the traditionalist here in Webrats??!! Why change something that has been along so long?

Thanks

Hell no!

Interleague play sucks. And it has a negative impact on pennant races. You play 162 and every game counts. But the divisional races would be better if the Interleague games were changed to divisional contests. Let your team play the guys they need to thump to climb to the series.

I'd love for my Cardinals to have an extra series with the Astros, Cubs or Reds! Does anyone in the NL want to see the Royals????????? Would Boston or Yankee fans flock to see the Brewers?

Beef up the races. Intensify the rivalries.

Bud Selig is nothing more than "Bud Light" -- a watered down, less satisfying version of a regular commish! Thanks for another "great" idea, Bud Light!

Closed Thread