Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My 17 Year Old Sister

Thanks

My 17 Year Old Sister

Hey Everyone,

Today my mom received a letter in the mail (not e-mail, real mail) for my sister who is 17, a senior in high school. The letter was written by a male who lived in Washington DC (I live in NJ). The letter described how they would meet up, where they would go, and if the threesome was still on. It also said that the entire matter must be in complete SECRECY. Mind you my sister is not yet in college and this boy lives a distance and no one else knows who he is. We found out they met online, on MySpace.com

Advice????
    ~Billy

Thanks

Re: My 17 Year Old Sister

Depends totally on you. If you were halfway normal, advise moms to talk to sis (you sit in), possibly call this guy/the cops depending on how your sister reacts and what the real story is. If you are more "pro-active," than you shoot down 95 and pay him a visit yourself.

Any idea how old he is?

Thanks

Yes. He graduated in 2004 from a Jewish High School (so hes either 19-20). As soon as my parents addressed my sister (they could have done it a little better than they had), she ran out of the house and went to a friends house. My Mom already informed the police (hes 19, shes 17) and they said they are going to look into the matter.

~Billy

Thanks

I would say that pretty much puts a topical ointment on the situation, and what you're left with is the real meat of the infection. That's just a horrible way to say that you have to figure out why your sister is talking to 19 year old jewish losers on the net. (I don't have anything against Jews, by the way, that was just for humor).

If you have a pretty cool relationship with her, then you might be able so have a lil' sitdown, maybe crack a few beers, and see if she was A) just messing around for fun, B) really wants to get away (and from what), or C) has some deep-seated emotional stuff happening.

I can't really help with the specifics, since I don't know all the particulars about your situation, but I CAN wish you the best of luck.

Also, don't get 'good' beer, as a general rule, 17-year old girls don't like it. Honey Brown should be fine.

Thanks

I dunno... she's 17 and he's 19?? I wouldn't consider this a matter to address to the Police Dept.

She's old enough to make her decisions and be aware of what she's doing. By this I mean, he couldn't just mail her a letter unless SHE gave him the address to do so. It's not like he's 40 and she's 12. They're two years apart, which in reality... is nothing. Yes, she's under 18, but.. who's to say she didn't tell him that she was 18.

This whole thing might be HER fault and this poor 19 year old is having the finger pointed at him. If she was innocent in the whole deal, why would she run off? People run from lies.. not the truth.

Thanks

Good point Hijacker, but as her brother, I would be extremely skeptical of the terms of their meeting. For a 17 year old chick to be trolling for dudes on the web is kinda skeevy in general, and as her bro, I wouldn't be readily giving this guy the benefit of the doubt. And he may not even be 19...

Thanks

Hey Everyone,

I told my mom not to go to the police, but she insisted anyway. I told her I wanted to resolve this matter just among the family. My girlfriend is 18 (im 20), so the age thing isn't a factor. I am a Information Technology/Computer Science major, and I am aware of all these new online meeting places. I have an account at MySpace.com as well. However, she has never seen this kid. His picture online is a picture of Ashton Kutcher, so she may not even know what he looks like, or even if his name really is who he says he is. In even a technologically advanced society, high school seniors should not be finding dates online. She is attending Rutgers next year and she can meet random people there and I don't have a problem with that because they are PEOPLE, not SCREEN NAMES. You can get a good first impression from persons attitude, not from an emoticon (I think thats the word.) Basically, I read about all these stupid teenagers meeting people online and then getting raped, etc. If my mom had not intercepted this letter, we would have never known this was going on. The problem is she does not think what she was doing was wrong. She says its her privacy (and I respect that), but she is also naive about real dangers. She goes to a goody-goody private high school where nothing bad happens, I went to a public highschool with a dominant African American population (68%) with wannabe thugs, carrying guns and knives. Basically, I don't think she knows what seriousness she is in. She has been socially deprived. However, she is a b*tch and all she does is yell and scream... sigh....high school girls.

~Billy

Thanks

*shrugs* I agree at 17 you know what your doing.. but in US age of concent is 18? (over here in aussie its 16 go figure).

I think that was a good thing intercepting it because i agree with your point - meeting a person face to face is alot different then meeting them online. Like peadophiles etc. they pretend to be young and nice etc. but in reality they are manipulating people who only do things for their own benefit.

I suppose your sister will be angry and upset at not having this oppurtunity now, but she will grow up and realise that shielding her from this event was for a good reason - it made her preserve her innocence as well as making her preserve her body from random people who could have possibly mistreated her and raped her.

Thanks

So, when your mom went to the police, did they not tell her that it is a federal offense to open up mail that is not addressed to her, even though the addressee is a minor? Don't get me wrong....I would probably do the same thing if it were my daughter, but I do speak from seeing the experience with my wife's cousin. He opened a letter that was addressed from a guy she met on the internet from another state to his 15-year-old daughter, and she reported him to the Postmaster General at her local Post Office. Needless to say, my wife's cousin had to pay a $5,000 fine, got a 90-day supended sentence, AND had his daughter completely cut him out of her life. Like I said, I would probably do the same thing if it were my daughter, but your mom may want to watch her own ass.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bohica mike
    So, when your mom went to the police, did they not tell her that it is a federal offense to open up mail that is not addressed to her, even though the addressee is a minor? Don't get me wrong....I would probably do the same thing if it were my daughter, but I do speak from seeing the experience with my wife's cousin. He opened a letter that was addressed from a guy she met on the internet from another state to his 15-year-old daughter, and she reported him to the Postmaster General at her local Post Office. Needless to say, my wife's cousin had to pay a $5,000 fine, got a 90-day supended sentence, AND had his daughter completely cut him out of her life. Like I said, I would probably do the same thing if it were my daughter, but your mom may want to watch her own ass.
    Excellent point.. and this didn't even cross my mind on the first read. Good response.

Thanks

Thank you bohica I was gonna say the same thing glad someone else pointed it out.

And if this guy really is 19 than (at least in my state and i believe most states have laws similar to this) then its legal. You have a four year grace period in NC meaning a 20 year old and a 17 year old are legal together (I think anything under 16 is stautuatory by default..even if they are both under 16).

What is she doing meeting random guys on the internet? Does she not know what college is like?

Thanks

It is natural to be concerned and suspicious, but this situation should be handled within the family. You don't want to piss sis off, which could possibly lead to a test of independence (she's 17, think about it) which may spiral out of control. The threesome would be my concern. Do some recon and gather some intelligence. Meet this dude however you feel is best (your on the ground as they say). Then go from there. If it was my sister, I would want to meet this guy, assess the situation, and then form a plan. It might not be as bad as you think, but you are the bro. Good luck, T

Thanks

has there been any contact with that guy?

Thanks

I am assuming that you know for a fact that he is 19, not just 19 online. Minors meeting people online is a danger since who they really meet is unknown. Just look at the pervs in the news who thought they were going to hook up with 14 year old suzy and met detective Fred instead.

The police should be involved.

I say this and think about the four couples I know who met online and are now happily married. I don't think any of them had a threesome during their first face to face encounter though.

Thanks

Just the threesome aspect makes me think that she is being preyed upon. My opinion though. If that was my sister, I would have to meet this guy, man to man.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast