Closed Thread

Thread: What Should I do?

Thanks

What Should I do?

This may not be the best post for this, so i am sorry in advance if its not, I was on the Canadian Dell site, http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/topi...HS1&l=en&s=dhs
    if you look there is a dell 3000 desktop for 499, now it clearly says that it includes a 17 inch flat screen. but when you click detials it says it comes with a CRt, I called and they said that it is basically too bad, i cant get it for that price, is there anyhitng i can do?

Thanks

Re: What Should I do?

umm theres a forum for computer questions. I dont know the answer to your question. If you bitch a lot they might give in and give you the deal you saw first, but considering dell is such a big company they might just tell you to go bug off

Thanks

that's false advertising... they should give you what's advertised, for the price they say. go up the food chain - speak to the manager, and that guys manager etc. until they get so sick of you they'll give it to you just to shut you up. the difference in price is peanuts to a company the size of dell... make a huge stink - they might just give it to you just to get you to go away.

Thanks

PRINT the webpage out... send it to em certified mail... call after it is recived ... if you bitch enough they will cave in... dont talk to the lowley 10 an hour guy you get... go for a supervisor... and document everthing....throw the info back at them... to make a sale sell it yoursself...good luck Post back how you do

Thanks

So I called again, and was rudely told that since there is a disclaimer at the bottom saying that they can make mistakes that they don't have to honor it. When i said that that seems ridiculous, u can just offer something and then say that in the fine print its not actually offered, I was told "yea well companies do it all the time"

GRRR

Thanks

it is a flat screen crt I bet. Damn marketing...

Thanks

umm when i am looking at the build your own system part of it it says that the 17 inch flat screen is a limited time free upgrade and when you build the system there is a check box to get it. also they have a free printer with it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigeme
    umm theres a forum for computer questions.
    Ya there is one for such a thing, The Padded room especially is for serious problems and this sure isn't one.

Everyone seemed to tell you want you needed to here so I won't say anything on the subject.

Closed Thread