Closed Thread

Thread: internet probs...

Thanks

internet probs...

So i play day of defeat source and cs source. Now all of the sudden im having a large problem with latency and a little lag. Ive never been kicked out of a server for lag before and that happened today. Normally my ping is around 10-50 and lower, today it has been around 40-200. Anybody know what could be causing this, or maybe a quick program that fixes it. The only change i can think that would have been made is that i set my ati radeon properties to more performance settings rather than quality.I have used registry mechanic a few times, thats all i can think of. Anybody know any solutions?? help!!!!!

Thanks

Re: internet probs...

hmmm ... is it your machine or path congestion ?
    one of the ways to tell is to run a program like "D3traceroute" ... this will show you where the problem is at .
    there is also the possibility that your settings (rwin etc etc) got messed up ... unlikely though .

you could always wait a couple of days and see if the "problem" corrects itself .

Thanks

i downloaded the 3d tracer route thing but im not really sure how to work it at all help again please? sorry most of the time i can understand programs but not this one. If it was congestion what exactly is that and how do i fix it?

Thanks

open the program ... enter the IPA of the "target" ... click "do it" , then click the "3dtrace" tab ... there will be a graph built up over time ... there will also be a list of the ping times at each "hop" (click "as list" tab) , this will show you how long the data is taking to get from you to the target machine .
    if the problem is along the path (outside of your machine) there is virtually nothing you can do about it ... unless it is a problem with your local provider , then you can tell them there is a problem .

ps ... you can also enter the "target" as a "..... .com/net/etc" . play with it , you'll get the hang of it .

Thanks

mmmmhhh..how's about just waiting if it disappears by itself, if it just happens once?
    Maybe just your internetconnection was a bit bussy or the log-in knot was overloaded..blablabla..did you try an online speddo-meter for your connection speed?

Changed maybe some network preferences?

Closed Thread