Closed Thread

Thread: Tales of Ice and Fire

Screaming down the highway to hell at 300 miles an hour, in a short bus with my hair on fire.
    Thanks

Tales of Ice and Fire

If anyone is a George R.R. Martin fan and you have been reading his Game of Thrones series here is some news. It seems the Tales of Ice and Fire is going to run a bit longer than even he expected. What started out as a trilogy then went 4 books and then 5, has gotten even bigger. He has announced the titles to books 6 and 7 on his web page. Its a great tale hes spinning out but I hope he can finish it in the next few years. He has written what is, in my opinion, the absolute best fantasy series to date.

Even if you dont like fantasy books, pick up a Game of Thrones and give it a read. It will suprise you.

Thanks

Re: Tales of Ice and Fire

The ultimate fantasy series...I read "A Feast for Crows" in 2 days, I just hope it doesn't take as long for him to put out the other half of the book ("A Dance with Dragons").

I reccomend these books to anyone, whether you regularly read fantasy or not, they are all consuming.

For those looking for a good series to keep you busy while waiting for the next book...I'm reading Steven Erikson's "Tales of the Malazan Book of the Fallen", awesome books.

Cheers!

Screaming down the highway to hell at 300 miles an hour, in a short bus with my hair on fire.
    Thanks

Well dance with dragons is supposed to be half written already Martin said in one interview he was going to try to get it done to release next year. But the speed with which he is doing this series and him having to write 2 1/2 more books it will be another 10 years until he is done.

snowrand

I agree that this is best fantasy series going right now. I enjoyed A Feast for Crows, but I felt that dividing the book up and leaving a number of central characters out, made the book weaker then the previous three of the series.

Another good series to keep you busy while waiting for the next Martin book is the Prince of Nothing, by R. Scott Baker. The 1st novel starts out a little slow, but rapidly picks up pace. I have read all 3 books in the series and feel that is definitely worth picking up.

Thanks

Thanks Snowrand, I'll pick it up and see if I like it. I'm between books right now and its driving me mad rereading old stuff that I have.

Also I have a question about AFFC. Are both Sandor and Gregor Clegand dead? I think they are both still alive, in one fashoin or another.

snowrand

Hey Wud,

I think Sandor "The Hound" is alive for sure. In a Feast for Crows in one of the Brienne chapters, the Hound is spotted on Quiet Isle digging a grave. Quiet Isle is were brothers and silent sisters live.

Thanks

If you read between the lines in the Cersie chapters theres some interesting stuff about Gregor. For one, there's the mention of armor so heavy no man could wear it. Sounds like Gregors original armor.

Then when Cersie and Qyburn are looking at the skull to be shipped to Dorne. They never say its Gregor's skull. Just that it's a big one. I remember Cersie having a pile of dwarf heads laying about. Not to mention her late husband had a huge cranium. She seems overly pleased with it. Personally I think it's Robert's skull.

And the last we see of Gregor is when he is carried to the dark cells to be experimented on my Qyburn. Remember Qyburn had his chain of many metals stripped from him for toying with the dark arts, necromancy could have been it. And then we never see his body. Never count someone as dead in these books until you see their body. People have a strange way of popping up later.

I think Gregor will arise from the dark cells as a walking undead mountain that rides.

Also, oh who had the dream in Game of Thrones, Sansa? Or Bran? Anyways the dream where it mentioned a giant made of stone in a knights armor. When the visor opened the helmet was empty and black blood issued forth, or something like that. Sounds like a prophecy of the coming of Gregor without his head, or the head he shouldn't have anymore.

Theres a few other things as well about Gregor that lead me to think he's still alive but I can't recall them right now.

Also, have you figured out who Jon Snow's parents are yet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wudluv
    Also, have you figured out who Jon Snow's parents are yet?
    huh? you think its not eddard stark?

Thanks

Hi all,
    I haven't read Feast of Crows yet, but I love this series so far...I owned Game of Thrones for over a year before I read it...for some reason I couldn't get passed the first few chapters the first time. Once I finally sat down with it I was hooked...read up to feast in 2 weeks or so. Damn, now I have to go start over to get reaquanted
    Ck

Closed Thread